I read a great post last week by Sabrina Ricci on her Digital Pubbing blog that analyzed bestsellers in varying genres.
What made the four books so successful? As Sabrina explained:
- The books were widely available.
- They were each of the highest quality.
- The authors and publishers used giveaways.
- The authors connected with readers in meaningful ways.
- Multiple strategies were used.
And in the case of The Girl on the Train, the publisher invested time and money in Goodreads.
[clickToTweet tweet=”‘Do yourself a favor and get this book’ @Jason_Matthews” quote=”‘Do yourself a favor and get this book,’ Jason Matthews”]