From February 12 – 16 I will be teaching at the San Francisco Writers Conference at the Mark Hopkins Hotel.
It is one of the best conferences for authors and I encourage you to check it out.
What to expect in 2015 at the SFWC?
The San Francisco Writers Conference is a Celebration of Craft, Commerce and Community for all writers. Whether you are working on your book, getting ready to publish it, or looking for ways to promote an already published book, this is the event you need to attend.
You will learn from 100 bestselling authors, literary agents, editors and publishers from major publishing houses. With more than 24 respected literary agents looking for new clients at the SFWC, you may find the perfect agent for you and your book.
You will connect with leaders in self-publishing and traditional publishing. There will be experts on book promotion, platform building, social media, and author websites.
All our presenters are in person at the event and eager to share their expertise and love of writing.
CLICK HERE to see the amazing 2015 SFWC Presenters List.
What will be happening at the SFWC?
The event spans four days packed with 80+ sessions featuring major presenters, agents, and editors. There is copious networking with the people who can advance your writing career; a glorious opening gala and lots of social interaction with other writers; and evening Open Mic readings, poetry happenings, and pitch sessions.
Our signature SPEED DATING WITH AGENTS is $60 and only available to the main conference attendees.
The San Francisco Writers Conference starts on Thursday morning at 9 a.m. with an introductory pre-conference session with Michael Larsen and Elizabeth Pomada. Then it runs through Sunday with a closing session at 3 p.m..
If you can stay longer, there is a no-host dinner where you can keep the networking going with SFWC presenters, staff, and volunteers. That’s the entire Presidents’ Day weekend..and then some!
Elegant keynote luncheons and networking breakfasts are included in the registration fee as is a Welcome Gala sponsored by Blurb, Inc. on Friday night. All attendees get a commemorative bag filled with writing goodies!
Book signings and social gatherings with other writers add to the excitement of the event. No other writing conference offers so much social and one-on-one networking time with other writers and industry professionals.
After-hours hosted open mics, poetry happenings, and pitch contests? You bet. Don’t want to eat dinner alone? There is a no-host dinner every night from Wednesday to Sunday at a different San Francisco restaurant. Our attendees tell us this friendly yet professional atmosphere is what makes SFWC the conference they choose to attend.
From the start to finish, the San Francisco Writers Conference is designed to help you become a better, more professional writer. Please join us for this world-class event.
Top Ten Reasons for Writers to Attend the 2015 San Francisco Writers Conference
- Launch your writing career–or take it to a more professional level–with direction from bestselling authors and publishing experts.
- Choose from a schedule of workshops, panels and sessions that fit your specific writing needs and goals.
- Get your questions answered at the Ask-a-Pro session featuring New York and California editors…included in your registration fee.
- Go to Speed Dating for Agents – Pitch your book ideas one-on-one in a room full of literary agents ($60 option for registered attendees only)
- Receive free feedback on your work from freelance book editors.
- Kick back in Cafe Ferlinghetti with writers from all over the country…and foreign countries, too.
- Talk with exhibitors and find out what’s new for writers.
- Browse our onsite bookstore (produced by BookShop West Portal) and you can get the books you purchase autographed by the presenters.
- Jump into pitch contests, “Open Mic” readings and socialize at our Gala Welcome party.
- Stay awhile longer with our optional in-depth Pre-Conference classes on Thursday, February 12th, and Post Conference classes on Monday, February 16th to increase the value of the conference even more.
I will be teaching several sessions so look for me!
About the Author: Frances Caballo is an author and social media strategist and manager for writers. You can receive a free copy of her book Twitter Just for Writers by signing up for her newsletter. Connect with Frances on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and Google+.